Re: buildd administration

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 15:06:26 -0500, Erinn Clark <erinn@double-helix.org> said:

> * Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> [2005:12:09 13:27 -0600]:
>> I'm surprised you think raising ones voice civilly in concern about
>> a problem area in Debian is not playing nicely with others. Is your
>> contention that some volunteers are so much more equal than others
>> that no voices may ever be raised in concern about their (lack of)
>> performance ever again?

> I just don't think encouraging flames is going to result in clever
> solutions, which are, to me, far more interesting.

        Who was encouraging flames? Nathanael said:
On  Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:52:31 -0500, Nathanael Nerode
<neroden@twcny.rr.com>
> Indeed, complaining on debian-devel appears to get results, doesn't
> it?  At least, that's the conclusion that a rational outside
> observer would come  to.  If that's an inaccurate conclusion, it
> indicates that there's something seriously wrong in the transparency
> of the processes.

        This is a qualified observation, not an encouragment -- unless
 you buy the observation, and subscribe to that approach -- in any
 case, implying that  Nathanael encouraged flaming is specious,
 slanderous, and incorrect.

> One can voice their concerns all day long and at the end of the day
> that is all they will have achieved. Whooptee doo. But no, I am not
> trying to regulate free speech, if that's what you mean. :)

        No, however, you do seem to be slandering a fellow NM
 candidate. Please desist. Or provide some proof of your claim he is
 "encouraging flames".

        manoj

--
Human industry, if left to itself, will naturally find its way to the
most useful and profitable employment.  -- Adam Smith