Re: buildd administration

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 14:02:17 -0500, Erinn Clark <erinn@double-helix.org> said:

> * Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> [2005:12:09 12:47 -0600]:
>> Err, so if a NM candidate speaks as openly as some DD's do, they
>> get threatened with having their applications cancelled because of
>> them speaking their minds? What is this, a munich beer hall in
>> 1933?

> Isn't the point of NM to "weed out" people before they become
> problematic DDs? My impression was that this applied to overall
> personality / how well you play with others, as well as technical
> ability. Surely flaming people on mailing lists as a way to get
> things done is not something people want to encourage in
> NMs... right? Wouldn't Debian want to find people who can think of
> new and inventive ways to achieve goals rather than resorting to
> these measures? Especially since they *don't work*.

        I'm surprised you think raising ones voice civilly in concern
 about a problem area in Debian is not  playing nicely with others. Is
 your contention that some volunteers are so much more equal than
 others that no voices may ever be raised in concern about their (lack
 of) performance ever again?

        Nathaniel Nerode's postings have never been uncivil, they have
 never called anyone names, has never failed to respond in a manner
 which rises above civil discourse (at least, in the mails I have
 looked at, which were just this last 10 days or so) -- so I am forced
 to come to the conclusion that you must equate any dissent as not
 playing nice. In that light, how do you view your dissent with a
 member of the tech ctte and a senior debian developer? Would people
 be correctly justified in asking for you application to be rescinded
 as well?  (;-), for the humour impaired).

        manoj
--
The big cities of America are becoming Third World countries. Nora
Ephron