Re: StrongARM tactics

Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> writes:

> Instead, you could hold a grudge and complain.  That would be in keeping
> with the Debian tradition, after all.

Not really holding a grudge; the problem was only just resolved
yesterday.  In a week, it would be forgotten.  It was just ironic.

> Note: I am not pretending o be personally involved in the ARM port in
> any way, and have no strong feelings about it one way or the other.
> While it would be sad to lose it, I have to say I haven't been working
> on it.  It's just that resonding to a "we need help, and are willing to
> take a loss to provide porter hardware in order to get that help" email
> with "some guy didn't answer my email, so screw that port" seems a bit
> silly and overblown.

I'm not saying "screw the port"; I'm saying "help sorting through the
failed-build packages may well be wasted work."

There may be plenty of other things that are not wasted work.  But
until the port maintainers figure out a way to not toss work, is it
really churlish of me to say I'm not so much interested in doing that
work myself?

I don't want to see a hundred Debian developers each process two of
these packages, and have all that labor wasted.

Thomas