Re: Usability: Technical details in package descriptions?

Peter Samuelson writes:
> There is no need for dumbing down descriptions for things non-technical
> users aren't going to be selecting anyway.

One can be a highly technical user of a package without knowing (or caring)
squat about the language it is implemented in.  Descriptions should focus
on the domain of application.

> So I'd suggest concentrating on the 3% of packages non-technical users
> might actually want to select manually, and making sure those have
> legible and searchable descriptions.

Technical users don't deserve legible and searchable descriptions?
--
John Hasler