Re: "How to recognise different ETCH wishlists from quite a long way away" (revised)

#include <hallo.h>
* Jochen Voss [Mon, Jul 11 2005, 10:17:56AM]:

> >         Are we sure we want someone who is routinely this incompetent
> >  to help with bug triage? Seems to me we would be bette off without
> >  such substandard help; anyone this incompetent is probably creating
> >  more problems than they are solving.
>
> Great idea!  We can even get mor out of this, if we install some
> kind of challenge response system: every time you upload a package

To be honest, I had a similar idea before: every upload has to be
approved by at least one additional Debian developer. This would
decrease the probability for really broken uploads (because of stupid
mistakes or beeing on drugs or whatever).

The work itself can be automated well, I imagine an IRC channel
#debian-uploads-looking-for-approval.

Regards,
Eduard.

--