Re: "How to recognise different ETCH wishlists from quite a long way away" (revised)

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:17:56 +0100, Jochen Voss <voss@seehuhn.de> said:

> On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 08:33:42AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> > 7. Fix up the all the silly typos made in every BTS email sent so
>> >    far and retransmit. (note: this is after the BTS has decided
>> >    to respond).
>>
>> !!!!! [1]
>>
>> > 8. upload the changes to source code.
>>
>> > 9. realize that I forgot to sign the upload due to a bug in by
>> >    pbuilder wrapper script, create a *.commands file to send to
>> >    the upload queue to delete the old upload and reupload again.
>>
>> !!!!! [2]
>>
>> Are we sure we want someone who is routinely this incompetent to
>> help with bug triage? Seems to me we would be bette off without
>> such substandard help; anyone this incompetent is probably creating
>> more problems than they are solving.

> Great idea!  We can even get mor out of this, if we install some
> kind of challenge response system: every time you upload a package
> it mails you a set of three technical questions, and the upload is
> only permitted if all three answers are correct ;-) The same goes
> for the mail interface of the BTS of course.

        Wonderful binary world you live in. If something can't be made
 dead simple, it is the same as making it as difficult as possible,
 eh?

        Though the  idea does have merit. The distribution is groaning
 under the sheer size, and often substandard quality of packages; a
 measure like this may kill two birds with one stone.

        manoj
--
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
rigged demo. Andy Finkel, computer guy