Re: Package priorities: optional vs extra

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:49:38 +0300, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> said:

> su, 2005-07-10 kello 01:44 -0400, Nathanael Nerode kirjoitti:
>> Peter Samuelson wrote: Unless someone is willing to actually
>> enforce the requirement that all optional packages can coexist,
>> this will be necessary to make Policy conform with reality.

> Is there a tool to check for disallowed conflicts, or a check in
> lintian or linda?

        I think there is a Contents file on most mirrors
  http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/, for example. Now, one just
  has to look for commas in the second column; for example, the first
  few instances of this in Sid's Contents-i386 are:

bin/busybox       utils/busybox,shells/busybox-static,shells/busybox-cvs-static,utils/busybox-cvs
bin/fgconsole     utils/console-tools,utils/kbd
bin/loadkeys      utils/console-tools,utils/kbd
bin/mount          admin/loop-aes-utils,base/mount

        Now, one could parse this, and use grep-available in clever
 ways to see if the packages conflict, and their priorities.

        manoj
--
I went into the business for the money, and the art grew out of it.
If people are disillusioned by that remark, I can't help it.  It's the