Re: Package priorities: optional vs extra

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 02:12:58AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:49:38 +0300, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> said:
> > Is there a tool to check for disallowed conflicts, or a check in
> > lintian or linda?
>
>         I think there is a Contents file on most mirrors
>   http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/, for example. Now, one just
>   has to look for commas in the second column; for example, the first
>   few instances of this in Sid's Contents-i386 are:
[...]
>         Now, one could parse this, and use grep-available in clever
>  ways to see if the packages conflict, and their priorities.

I have a really hacky tool available that I used to produce such a list
of packages to look at. I even posted it to some list somewhen, one
could probably dig it up using google. I don't seem to have committed
it to my personal CVS repository (silly me) so I don't havee it
available currently here at Debconf.

The real problem is that you afterwards have to actually install all
these possible problematic packages since you can't automatically decide
wether they handle their conflicts with diverts...

It should easily be possible to combine that with the planned install
tests of packages though...

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>