Re: "How to recognise different ETCH wishlists from quite a long way away" (revised)

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:55:23 +1000, Brian May <bam@debian.org> said:

> [...]
Manoj> !!!!! [1]

: 7. Fix up the all the silly typos made in every BTS email sent so
:    far and retransmit. (note: this is after the BTS has decided to
:    respond).

> ???

        The context, which is where your answer lies, is exactly what
 you elided. I guess that stands to reason. You routinely and
 consistently are unable to handle sending email?

Manoj> !!!!! [2]

> ???

: 9. realize that I forgot to sign the upload due to a bug in by
:    pbuilder wrapper script, create a *.commands file to send to the
:    upload queue to delete the old upload and reupload again.

        So, you can't read documentation to figure out how to make
 your uploader check that you have forgotten to sign things -- which
 also implies that your test/build/upload process leaves a lot to be
 desired, if this happens very often.

Manoj> Are we sure we want someone who is routinely this incompetent
Manoj> to help with bug triage? Seems to me we would be bette off
Manoj> without such substandard help; anyone this incompetent is
Manoj> probably creating more problems than they are solving.

> Are you implying that if I cannot write and maintain a pbuilder
> wrapper script that produces perfect results every time, regardless
> of regular interruptions, that I am incompetent?

        Yes. This would be a bare modicum of competence,
 really. Building packages correctly and consistently is not rocket
 science. If you find it so, are you sure Gentoo is not more to your
 liking?

> You must be perfect!

        Jesus Christ. I hope to hell you are kidding. Is sending email
 correctly, or crafting a build process so you do not forget to sign a
 sign of perfection? Is this wat the quality of the membership has
 deteriorated to?

        Maybe /. is right after all. Perhaps Debian has grown too big
 to be a quality distribution, and we should all head over to Fedora
 Core 4.

> Which means the fact I could not have any definitions of [1] or [2]
> in your message must be my fault.  -- Brian May <bam@debian.org>

        Yeah. I should have realized the level of audience I was
 trying to talk to. I'll try to speak in words of fewer syllables the
 next time around.

        manoj
--
Are you making all this up as you go along?