Re: problem creating pbuilder environment

Am Samstag, den 07.05.2005, 14:49 +0200 schrieb Andreas Fester:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create a pbuilder environment. Since the default
> server ftp.nara.wide.ad.jp is *really* slow, I used the command
>
> # pbuilder create --mirror http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian
>
> However, this ends with an unmet dependency message:

>    passwd: Depends: debconf (>= 0.5.00) but it is not installed
> E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
>   -> Aborting with an error
>   -> unmounting dev/pts filesystem
>   -> unmounting proc filesystem
>   -> cleaning the build env
>      -> removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//9136 and its
> subdirectories

I guess, this is a problem with debootstrap, which misses to install a
few packages. The dependency on debconf seems to a new one. I ran
pbuilder update some minutes ago and it told me, that debconf will be
installed as a _new_ package. You can do the following. Create a sarge
environment. In sarge, there is currently no passwd-dependency on
debconf. Then change in /etc/pbuilderrc to DISTRIBUTION=sid and update
your image with 'pbuilder update'. Maybe you need to run it as

pbuilder update --override-config --configfile /etc/pbuilderrc

to make pbuilder recognize the changes in the
config-file /etc/pbuilderrc or ~/.pbuilderrc.

> Any hints?

HTH and Regards, Daniel