problem creating pbuilder environment

Hi,

I am trying to create a pbuilder environment. Since the default
server ftp.nara.wide.ad.jp is *really* slow, I used the command

# pbuilder create --mirror http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian

However, this ends with an unmet dependency message:

  passwd: Depends: debconf (>= 0.5.00) but it is not installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
 -> Aborting with an error
 -> unmounting dev/pts filesystem
 -> unmounting proc filesystem
 -> cleaning the build env
-> removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//9136 and its subdirectories

I tried both pbuilder from testing (0.123) and from unstable
(0.127), both with the same result.
If it's of any use, the complete log of the pbuilder run is
available at http://littletux.homelinux.org/debian/pbuilder.log

Any hints?

Thanks & best Regards,

	Andreas