Re: debian.org email forwarding

On Sat, 7 May 2005, martin f krafft wrote:

> also sprach Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> [2005.05.07.1506 +0200]:
> > You should really accept messages from master before trying to
> > reject spam, i.e. use some kind of whitelist for master. If that's
> > not possible, don't forward email to such address.
>
> The stuff my mail server rejects is 100% spam. master is whitelisted
> for most checks. The only checks that reject mail from master are
> those generated automatically with a Sober or whatever virus in the
> attachment, and among those only the ones that had such a huge hit
> that my virus scanners couldn't cope anymore, so I extracted
> a typical line from the Base64 string and use postfix's body_checks
> now.

Why bother to forward those messages to your mail server at all?
The same base64 string you are using in postfix's body_checks
will surely serve in your .procmailrc in master.

Thanks to base64, I never forward any windows virus to myself, they
are kept in my ~/mail directory. See my ~/pmrc/executables in master
for generic anti windows-executable recipes.