Re: debian.org email forwarding

In article <[🔎] 20050507123906.GA21809@cirrus.madduck.net>,
martin f krafft  <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
>also sprach Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> [2005.05.07.1403 +0200]:
>> Why are you so much worried about the envelope sender, when it is
>> usually forged? You are not trying to bounce messages that you
>> didn't want to receive back to the sender, are you? (that would be
>> bounce-spam).
>
>Well, sure. The point is that right now, my server rejects a lot of
>spam, so the bounces end up in my regular mailbox. I am effectively
>boune-spamming myself. So I'd rather have the bounce generated by
>master go elsewhere.

Since the sender-address of most spam/viruses is forged, you're
very likely sending the bounce to an unrelated victim. That's not
a nice thing to do.

Why not configure your mailserver to just /dev/null spam/viruses
that originate from your debian.org address.

You could put this in your .procmailrc:

:0
|/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f'<>' my@address.net

.. then mail will be forwarded with the empty envelope-sender,
which means no bounces will be generated.

Mike.