Re: debian sarge is 3.2 or 4 ?

On Thursday 05 May 2005 10:38 am, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> Release numbers, like release code names, are up to the release managers
> to decide. Since neither is particularly important, there's really not
> much point in discussing them at length: if the release managers want
> 3.1, then 3.1 is what we get.

  At least not in the common case.  I imagine there would be some
consternation if the release team announced we were entering the freeze for
Debian 2.9 codename "sarge". ;-)

  Daniel

--
/------------------- Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> ------------------\
|         "Of course you can't see the guards.  They DON'T EXIST!"          |