Re: Ubuntu and its "appropriation" of Debian maintainers

On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 08:59:55PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> > https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/people/adamm/
>
> They have a similar page for me.  Nothing there indicates that I am not an
> Ubuntu employee.

The same for me. And the funny thing is that
https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/people/fenio/+packages shows:
Bartosz Fenski is not currently recorded as the maintainer of any packages
in the Launchpad system.

But checking http://packages.ubuntu.com/hoary/utils/fuse-utils I'm listed
as a maintainer of this package.

> > What do other DDs think about this problem (or is it even a problem?)?
> > Personally, I believe Ubuntu must either change the Maintainer field of
> > all packages such that it points to Ubuntu Developers *or* get
> > permission to keep the Maintainer field as is from the Debian package
> > maintainer.
>
> I mostly agree with you.  I don't mind at all if they want to identify me
> as the upstream _Debian_ maintainer (or author in some cases) of my
> packages, but if I'm an Ubuntu maintainer where is my paycheck?

I hope that some developers of Debian and of Ubuntu at the same time, are
reading this thread and forward it to the people responsible for current
situation.

regards
fEnIo
--
  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Poland