Re: Ubuntu and its "appropriation" of Debian maintainers

On the one hand, I think it's polite and the "socially responsible"
thing to give credit where credit is due, i.e., to acknowledge the
debian maintainers whose work is used.

On the other hand, I've had packages for which ubuntu has moved to a
newer upstream version without properly updating the debian/ files,
resulting in packages that are severely broken (some to the point of
unusability), with my name listed as maintainer.

So I guess all I'm saying is that, if you're choosing whether or not to
attribute packages to the respective debian maintainers, there's no
obvious default that won't upset somebody (either through lack of
recognition, or through being blamed for problems that aren't their fault).

Anyway, just thoughts.

b.