Re: Ubuntu and its "appropriation" of Debian maintainers

On Sunday, 1 de May de 2005 03:34, Adam Majer wrote:
> Anyway, the bottom line is,
>     1. I'm a Debian Developer and chose to be associated with Debian
>     2. I have not chosen or gave permission to be associated with
> modified/unmodified packages of other distributions (that may or may not
> derive from Debian).
>
> What do other DDs think about this problem (or is it even a problem?)?
> Personally, I believe Ubuntu must either change the Maintainer field of
> all packages such that it points to Ubuntu Developers *or* get
> permission to keep the Maintainer field as is from the Debian package
> maintainer.
Well, the most annoying thing for me is that it doesn't express that I'm just
the Debian package maintainer, and not the Ubuntu one.

I've received at least three mails from Ubuntu users last week asking why
Wesnoth 0.9.1 isn't available in Hoary/Breezy/<whatever> yet.

Other one asking why the sound wasn't working for Wesnoth in his bleeding edge
Breezy and several more I can't remember.

I've answered all of them as best as possible without having Ubuntu installed,
but I find it quite annoying.

Best regards

--
Isaac Clerencia at Warp Networks, http://www.warp.es