Re: acenic firmware rewrite

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 19:26:09 +0200, Peter 'p2' De Schrijver wrote:

[...]
> Sure. That's ok. I was more thinking of someone reading the existing
> firmware sources, writing a spec and a second person/group implementing
> the new free firmware based on the spec. AFAICS the implementors and the
> spec writers should be different people/groups. Or do you think it would
> be ok if the same people read the existing non-free sources and
> reimplement its functionality in a new free firmware ?

Ah, yes, a cleanroom implementation would work for that.  The spec writer
and code writers should definitely be different people.

Before you get started on this, however, let's see if we can't get some
clarification on the license of the firmware source
(http://wiki.debian.net/?KernelFirmwareLicensing).