Re: dynamic partial mirror, apt-get fails

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 07:02:56PM +0100, Cristian Barbarosie wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 09:11:45PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > > You may want to have a look at apt-cacher.
> > Or approx which was just uploaded to NEW, but is also available the
> > debian-ocaml-maint svn repo on svn.debian.org :)
>
> Yes, you are right. The problem is that I have no root access
> for our http server (besides, it runs RedHat). So I cannot install
> packages there, I have to do everything as a regular user.

Apt-cacher is written in perl. Install it on your Debian box, edit the
CGI script to modify some paths, and copy that to the HTTP server.

Alternatively, just install it on a Debian box, point sources.list files
to that box, and do not shut it down. That's what I do.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks