Re: dynamic partial mirror, apt-get fails

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Apt-cacher is written in perl. Install it on your Debian box, edit the
> CGI script to modify some paths, and copy that to the HTTP server.

Do you think I can do that wihtout being root on the http server ?

> Alternatively, just install it on a Debian box, point sources.list files
> to that box, and do not shut it down. That's what I do.

This might be a solution. Actually, my linux boxes are all behind a
firewall and I all their ports are disabled except port 22 (for ssh).
But I shall ask our network administrator to see if I can install
an http server to be used from inside the local network only.
If it is possible, then this is the solution.

Thank you for your help. Cristian Barbarosie
Professor Auxiliar, DMFCUL              tel. (351) 217904919
CMAF, Av. Prof. Gama Pinto, 2           fax. (351) 217954288
1649-003 Lisboa Portugal
http://cmaf.fc.ul.pt/~barbaros          e-mail barbaros@ptmat.fc.ul.pt