Re: Thoughts about changing Debian's release process

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Martin Schulze wrote:

Why not setting up important machines with FAI?

Because that's not the solution.

Installing a machine with Debian is not the problem.
Sure.

Installing and/or recreating the services on them is.
This requires manual work, either during the recreation
phase or during the development.
Hmmm, this is exactly the impression I had what FAI is doing.

Also FAI doesn't work on 11 architectures.
That's new to me and a reason.  I hope Thomas Lange can comment on
it.

Kind regards

           Andreas.

--