Re: list what's in the NEW queue?

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 03:44:19PM +0100, Frederik Dannemare wrote:
> Would it be an idea (post-Sarge?) to not let packages automatically
> propagate from sid to testing after X days. Instead, the responsible
> maintainer would have to explicitly tag a package as 'ready for
> testing' as opposed to the current situation where a bug must be filed
> to prevent a buggy package from propagating?

Most maintainers don't pay close enough attention to their packages as it is
to notice when their packages *aren't* ready for testing because of
arch-specific build failures; I think expecting maintainers to tag packages
as being testing-worthy would just make it harder to get needed package
fixes to get into testing.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer