Re: RunDinstallHourly

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 10:54:34PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
>> >
>> >The downside of doing this is the extra load on the autobuilder
>> >network, so Debian might not want to do it because of that.
>>
>> It might affect the mirrors, too...
>
>It would only affect the mirrors if they polled (or were pushed) more
>frequently; that frequency could remain the same even though packages were
>installed more frequently.

True, yes. Clearly it's something to be considered. On balance, I'm
definitely in favour of more frequent runs of dinstall. More frequent
mirror runs may make things more awkward (e.g. nightly mirrors syncing
an inconsistent archive), but that's probably offsetable by making the
mirror tools more intelligent.

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/