Re: Always run dpkg --dry-run -i before running dpkg -i!

#include <hallo.h>
* William Ballard [Thu, Jan 06 2005, 05:50:46PM]:

> So, what you're saying is, if I need some module foo source, I should
> look to be installing foo-utils and expect foo-source to tag along.
> If I don't find foo-utils, just look for foo-source.
>
> Can I count on foo-utils Suggesting foo-source?
> Is there a policy I can read?

AFAICS there is no complete policy for 3rd party module/source
packages(*). There are some packaging hints in the make-kpkg docs and I
added a guide to module-assistant documentation.

(*) I have tried to write one, but that has been a long time ago, IIRC
when Herbert was still around. No idea where the paper now is, most
likely between the unchecked stuff from old gluck...

Regards,
Eduard.