Re: Always run dpkg --dry-run -i before running dpkg -i!

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 11:19:35PM +0100, Sebastian Ley wrote:
> * William Ballard wrote:
>
> [...crap...]
>
> Do you need the -utils apckage to build the -source package? No. So no Depends
> and no Recommends for you. Period. Depends and Recommends have a certain

Well you can't use the damn thing without other stuff,
and it never says "you need this stuff to use it."

Tell my why you'd ever want ndiswrapper-utils and not
ndiswrapper-source.  Then tell me if that's the most common
case.

There should be *some* way to say "I want to be able to use this
thing instead of just giving it to somebody else."

Just tell me how you work around this problem and I'm having,
and I'll shut up.  That's what I told the maintainer and he
never responded.

Just tell me how I'm supposed to "just know" to get -utils?
Wait until it breaks?