Re: GtkMozEmbed with Firefox not Mozilla

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:47:14PM -0800, Will Lowe wrote:
> > mozilla-browser is 30 megabytes and duplicates the vast majority of
> > firefox
>
> Is 30M of disk space really that precious these days?  I can't imagine
> trying to run software that uses GTKMozEmbed on an embedded device
> where space is truly at a premium.

I guess the situation of GtkMozEmbed depending on all of Mozilla is
where the issue will have to stay.

For myself I dont' want *any* Mozilla or Firefox package installed.
I don't want any browser anywhere other apps can just find it and
start using it.  I hate apps that just willy-nilly go to town in
a browser.

What I am going to to is download Firefox source and compile it
*TWICE*.  Once with --enable-static --disable-shared set and once
without.  Neither app will be "installed" - both will be in
"private" locations.

The former will be my standalone browser and the latter will
be the libs for GtkMozEmbed using LD_LIBRARY_PATH so the apps
can find it.

I still have to figure out how to make this work but I'll be
able to have the best of all worlds and only apps I want to
know Mozilla exists will know about it.