Re: New stable version after Sarge

* Joey Hess:

> I think we've taken this "security bugs arn't fixed in testing as well
> as in stable" thing as gospel a little too long without verifying it
> lately. I've been checking and if testing is lagging stable at all, it's
> doing so by a much smaller amount than we've traditionally thought.

I think that's because of the pending release, in particular frozen
base packages, and not representative for the whole release cycle.

If a switch to a new upstream version of libc runs into problems,
testing and unstable will diverge again, maybe for weeks or months.
testing-security intends to solve this, though.