Re: spohr.debian.org not sending email

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 03:45:26PM +1100, Anand Kumria wrote:
> There seems to be a problem, localised to spohr, with the sending of
> emails. I've uploaded some packages recently and have neither received

The problem is on your end -- mail to these MXs is being 451'd, and
your mail gets deferred.  This is the price you pay for greylisting.

> I've tested various others Debian infrastructure machines and no other
> appears to have an issue.  I've not seen anything mentioning this issue

exim treats 45x errors to be per host, rather than per address.
Any other user greylisting with the same MX will end up affecting your
mail as well.

> Please take a look at see what is happening for the domains:
> progsoc.uts.edu.au and progsoc.org

The mail servers defer the mail, and it times out or gets delayed for
long periods of time.  I suggest correctly configuring greylisting
with proper exclusions for sites you care about getting mail from in a
timely manner.