Re: ITK: debmake

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 07:13:05PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> There are less than 80 packages in unstable still using it, and there
> is an excellent package called debhelper which can do everything that
> debmake does and probably much better, so it does not make much sense
> to keep debmake alive forever.
> *) If you maintain documentation from the DDP, you are welcome to
> remove any documentation or howto explaining how to use debmake to
> create a debian package. This includes translations.

As I see in debian-reference:
---
A.3.2 debmake

debmake, a precursor to debhelper, is a more coarse-grained debian/rules
assistant. It includes two main programs: deb-make, which can be used to
help a maintainer convert a regular (non-Debian) source archive into a
Debian source package; and debstd, which incorporates in one big shot
the same sort of automated functions that one finds in debhelper.

The consensus is that debmake is now deprecated in favor of debhelper.
However, it's not a bug to use debmake.
---
I should remove last sentence from all translations.

As I see maint-guide (New Maintainers"s guide):
---
Note: debmake is a package that contains some programs that function
similar to dh-make, but its specific use is not covered in this
document, because it is deprecated. Please refer to the Debmake manual
for more information.
---

I see no problem with this.

Does anyone find any other issues?