Re: switching to vim-tiny for standard vi?

Anthony Towns wrote:

> Yeah; vi not behaving like vi by default seems like a showstopper.

I don't understand why. Debian is a GNU/Linux system, not a UNIX system.
Even such simple things as our "echo" command do not behave exactly as
POSIX dictates and classic UNIX does; we've generally, I think, told
tradition to go take a hike when faced with the choice of "better" vs.
"traditional."

Why should vi be any different? If we have a better alternative, replace it.

[Appologies if this message comes dangerously close to starting an
editor war]