Re: switching to vim-tiny for standard vi?

Riku Voipio wrote:
> While I'm a addicted vim user, the build-dependencies of vim(-tiny) is a bit
> scary for a base package. While we do not have requirements of base
> packages of being easily buildable, changing to vim-tiny will make bootstrapping
> a basic debian system again a little bit harder.

As far as I know, bootstrapping Debian from scratch is a process of
getting the build-essential packages and their build dependencies to
build and then building everything else. What packages are in the base
system should be irrelevant to that process.

--
see shy jo