Re: switching to vim-tiny for standard vi?

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 01:35:08AM +0100, Gabor Gombas wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 03:33:35PM -0800, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
>
> > One of the first things I do on any debian install is to install vim,
> > and set that to be a far higher priority for editor than anything else
> > imaginable.
>
> Same here. That's why I do not care what the default editor in base is
> :-)

Well, I get to use other people's systems now and then, and I'm always having
to ask people to install vim.  If vim is the default, and configured to act
like vi by default, then people who like old vi get it, and people who like
new vim can change it with just .vimrc.  A rare opportunity--everybody wins. :)

--
Glenn Maynard