Re: Thoughts on Debian quality, including automated testing

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 11:00:15AM -0500, Erinn Clark wrote:
> * Thomas Hood <jdthood@82-171-132-56.dsl.ip.tiscali.nl> [2005:12:21 12:23 +0100]:
> > Team maintainership is working very well for some other distributions.
>
> That may be true, but it's not a good argument for forcing such a
> situation in Debian.

I agree that we shouldn't force teams on anyone, but I'd like to see more
large-scale teams encompassing loosely connected smaller packages[0]. If,
for no other reason, than for developers to claim ownership of (and by
extension responsibility for) the whole project rather than their little
package feifdom. It might help overcome the sense that key people aren't
communicating, as well as provide more easy avenues for NM's to get
involved that don't simply involve packaging some crap little script from
freshmeat.

 - David Nusinow

[0] A Debian Games team would be a perfect hypothetical example of this. So
    is the Debian libruby extras team I helped create.