Re: Thoughts on Debian quality, including automated testing

Erinn Clark wrote:
> There are plenty of people who are maintaining packages alone
> that are doing an excellent job

True.  However, the issue in question is whether or not it would be
better if they maintained in teams.

> Forcing team maintenance on people would result in very few
> technical enhancements for such maintainers

How do you know?  I would expect most packages to benefit.  Every
person brings different expertise to the table.

> It just seems to me like telling responsible DDs who've done a
> stellar job that they need a babysitter is a bit... insulting.

This is not a fair characterization of what the introduction of
a two-maintainer rule would be doing.  No one should be insulted
by general rule changes designed to make Debian work better.
--
Thomas Hood