Re: StrongARM tactics

Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> That's still a bit of time wasted, but it's not really bad. The really
> problematic version is when a package is downloaded, build-deps are
> installed, and /then/ sbuild figures out that some version isn't recent
> enough.
According to the intersection of the debcheck build-depends test and
m86k's Needs-Build [1], this will likely affect gnomesword bibletime
knoda asterisk k3d loop-aes-modules or are these already caught by the
buildds?

Inaccuracies are caused (at least) by debcheck only using packages
unstable (not incoming etc.) and not treating conflicts.
The latter also leads to the list of packages that could be retried
(i.e. failed for insatisfiable dependencies but this isn't the case
anymore) [2] to be not useful yet, as gnucash shows.

Kind regards

T.

1. http://people.debian.org/~tviehmann/fail-predictions.txt
   (NOT automatically updated though, scripts in my ~ on p.d.o)
2. http://people.debian.org/~tviehmann/couldretry.txt
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/