Re: buildd administration

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 15:06:26 -0500, Erinn Clark <erinn@double-helix.org> said:

> * Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> [2005:12:09 13:27 -0600]:
>> I'm surprised you think raising ones voice civilly in concern about
>> a problem area in Debian is not playing nicely with others. Is your
>> contention that some volunteers are so much more equal than others
>> that no voices may ever be raised in concern about their (lack of)
>> performance ever again?

> I just don't think encouraging flames is going to result in clever
> solutions, which are, to me, far more interesting.

        Who was encouraging flames? Nathanael said:
On  Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:52:31 -0500, Nathanael Nerode
> Indeed, complaining on debian-devel appears to get results, doesn't
> it?  At least, that's the conclusion that a rational outside
> observer would come  to.  If that's an inaccurate conclusion, it
> indicates that there's something seriously wrong in the transparency
> of the processes.

        This is a qualified observation, not an encouragment -- unless
 you buy the observation, and subscribe to that approach -- in any
 case, implying that  Nathanael encouraged flaming is specious,
 slanderous, and incorrect.

> One can voice their concerns all day long and at the end of the day
> that is all they will have achieved. Whooptee doo. But no, I am not
> trying to regulate free speech, if that's what you mean. :)

        No, however, you do seem to be slandering a fellow NM
 candidate. Please desist. Or provide some proof of your claim he is
 "encouraging flames".

Human industry, if left to itself, will naturally find its way to the
most useful and profitable employment.  -- Adam Smith