Re: buildd administration

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 11:49:05PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 10:16:37PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
> > > That's non-sensical. Everything the buildds do is logged pretty much
> > > immediately onto http://buildd.debian.org/, which also provides long
> > > running statistics on how effective the buildds are, and even a schedule
> > > of what the buildds will be working on next.
> > That tells us what the buildds are doing.  It doesn't tell us anything
> > about what the buildd admins are doing.
>
> It tells you what the buildd admins are doing with the buildds.

No, sorry, it tells you what the admins are doing with the build logs.
I'm sure there's less of it nowadays than there used to be, but there's
always been a certain amount of handholding in the buildd system
configuration, et cetera.

I'm not saying that this all needs to be publicly logged.  I don't give
a rat's ass whether it is or not.  But please don't stand there saying
that the process is completely transparent.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC