Re: StrongARM tactics

> On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 05:21:46PM -0800, Blars Blarson wrote:
>> I can do the analyzing, but what should I do with the results?
>
> Put them on a webpage so anyone can see them, and if you don't find
> someone who'll give you an immediate response, track the issues over
> time so you can trivially demonstrate how big a benefit there would be
> if people would start paying attention.
>
> If you're using the BTS (by filing, analysing or fixing FTBFS bugs, eg),
> tracking the bugs with a usertag might be convenient and useful.
>
> (I don't know what the actual/perceived problem here is to give more
> detailed suggestions, sorry)
>
> Cheers,
> aj

What is required is a

buildd-give-back package_version

(or whatever you called the alias for wanna-build --give-back).

The buildd admin won't look at a webpage listing packages that need to
be handled any more than he is looking at the list of packages
left dangling without action.

There is a big difference between packages that fail with some error
and packages that fail with missing depends. I realy don't think users
can do anything productive for the later unlike the real FTBFS errors
where one can debug the problem, write a patch, submitt a bugreport
and so on.

MfG
        Goswin