Re: StrongARM tactics

> On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 23:46:07 +1000, Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> said:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 05:21:46PM -0800, Blars Blarson wrote:
>>> I can do the analyzing, but what should I do with the results?
>
>> Put them on a webpage so anyone can see them, and if you don't find
>> someone who'll give you an immediate response, track the issues over
>> time so you can trivially demonstrate how big a benefit there would
>> be if people would start paying attention.
>
>         Is it just me, or does it seem entirely one sided and
>  thankless effort, where one goes off and  does a boatload of work,
>  and petritions for the powers on high to maybe deign to notice all
>  the diligence being put in? This kind of thing can rapidly suck the
>  fun out of most things.

It's not just you.

I think we need some kind of performance review for key "only one
person can do it" jobs in Debian, so that we can evaluate the
performance of those tasks, and then recruit new volunteers to take
them over if the project as a whole is dissatisfied with the
performance of them.

We already have mechanisms to do this for package maintenance; now
it's time to have mechanisms for other jobs too.

Thomas