Re: Announcement: Common Power-Management Framework

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:

> Nobody said the user can't give his input on how the service will behave.
> That's what the GUI is for, and what configuration files are for.

The user needs to be able to configure this without any form of
excessive privileges, which means that some amount of policy has to be
determined by processes running as the user. It's also important that
this sort of thing can only be controlled by an appropriate user - if
I'm logged in on a background VT, I shouldn't be able to trigger power
management state transitions.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org