Re: Announcement: Common Power-Management Framework

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:

> Can I tell HAL to just handle power management instead of touching anything
> else, and get it to do the right thing in a headless, GUIless server
> environment?  Can I do that with standard, system-wide configuration files?

HAL on its own will never trigger any actions. It will provide
information about events, and it can be asked to perform certain
transitions. For power management there's a need for another small
daemon that provides local policy, and it's entirely sensible to have
one that can be configured for a server-type environment.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org