Re: Automatic closing of bugs

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 05:45:53PM -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> I just had a bug that I opened (#339832) closed by a changelog entry in
> a new debconf upload.  This is apparently a typo, as the changelog entry
> claims that the bug it was closing was related to a Swedish translation
> update.
>
> My bug was a wishlist bug against gmessage asking for it to become an
> alternative to xmessage.
>
> Is there a way to not allow changelog entries to automatically close
> bugs assigned to other packages?  This seems like it might require
> modifying some infrastructure, but I am not sure what are the affected
> components or what I can do to help.

Aaah, changelog typos.  Brings back memories or trampling all over people's
bugs with a quick slip of the finger...

If you have a look at the message sent to 339832-close@, the close message
does actually state the source package which closes the bug, so I think the
fix is to make debbugs recognise Source: pseudo-headers in messages sent to
-close@ and only close the bug if the values match.  I could have sworn
something like that was already done, but it fairly obviously isn't (at
least not for Source: pseudo-headers).

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is dig through the Perl code
in merkel:/org/bugs.debian.org/scripts and work out how to add this
functionality.  <grin>

- Matt