Re: texlive-basic_2005-1_i386.changes REJECTED

On Monday 28 November 2005 19:36, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> If you know you are intersted in "foo", then it is easy anyway
> (apt-cache pkgnames instead of search for the purpose of this
> discussion):
>
> apt-cache pkgnames | grep '^foo.*-doc$'
>
> If the idea is to remove some documentation from a space-constrained
> system, a -doc suffix would be easier.

I disagree. Most regular users use frontends like aptitude for package
management that sort on package name. For those having related packages
together and sorted on language makes most sense.
Thus: foo-doc-<lang>

For removing you can still egrep on '^foo-doc(-.*)?$'.
For me, this is a specialized use case. Using a package management
frontend is the normal use-case and should be an important factor in
package naming.