Re: Spliting packages between pkg and pkg-data

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 02:45:06PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > Enrico Zini proposed to use Enhances: instead which seems more correct
> > than Suggests.
> What does Enhances do *exactly*? Or is it just "for reference purposes" and
> the tools are free to use it as they will (and dpkg/apt itself will just
> ignore it)?

My hope is that if more people start to use it, then package managers
can start building features with it.

A first start would probably be a tool that could show reverse-Enhances
for a given package.  I'll keep that in mind as a thing to play with
when coding with libapt-front.

Ciao,

Enrico

--