Re: Uploading amd64 packages

"=?iso-8859-15?Q?J=E9r=F4me_Marant?=" <jmarant@free.fr> writes:

> I meantioned one solution. There is another possible one: source uploads.
> And no, I don't think it would cause more breakages than nowdays because
> uploading sources only doesn't meant packages have not been build on
> our systems.
>
> --
> Jérôme Marant

There are some implementation details that someone would have to fix
first:

1. DAK refuses source uploads

2. sources without debs get removed so a source only upload would
remove itself potentialy before buildds supply debs

3. source uploads would not build architecture all package. None of
the buildds will and then they are missing.

4. architecture all uploads are not possible so one would have to
upload for e.g. i386 with just arch:all debs. But then the DAK would
see that the source stoped building certain binaries (all arch: i386
debs) wrongfully and create problems.

So while theoretically source only uploads would be great practically
there are problems. I sure hope patches would be welcome though.

MfG
        Goswin