Re: Spliting packages between pkg and pkg-data

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 12:13:48PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> 5) Of course move /usr/share/pkg to pkg-data.

I meant move /usr/share/pkg to the data package, do not rename it.

> 6) Do not make pkg-data to Depends on pkg.
>
> 7) Try to do it correctly the first time: if you move file between
>    pkg and pkg-data, you will need to use Replaces:

Daniel Burrows told me about 8)

  8) Do not make /usr/share/doc/pkg-data a symlink to /usr/share/doc/pkg,
     because this would force the dependency pkg-data-->pkg
     Instead you can either move the content of /usr/share/doc/pkg to
     /usr/share/doc/pkg-data and make /usr/share/doc/pkg a symlink to
     /usr/share/doc/pkg-data,
     or you can make /usr/share/doc/pkg-data a copy of /usr/share/doc/pkg.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.