Re: how to deal with screwed up package

Hi Bartosz,

Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:
> Let's say I'm going to remove debconf questions at all. To keep user's
> system clean I should remove chosen group, but... because of some
> bugs[3][4][5] it's possible to leave system non-working after that.

How about just leaving the old group rot?

Basically, the question is very similar to the ever-recurring should
system users be removed one. It is my impression that both scenarios
aren't the end of the world, but not removing seems to have the stronger
support in numbers and possibly the better arguments in general and here
it seems to be the prudent option by far.

Kind regards

T.
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/