Re: Debian based GNU/Solaris: pilot program

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 10:52:07PM -0800, Erast Benson wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 21:25 -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > Alex Ross <alexross@gnusolaris.org> writes:
> >
> > > The issue... what issue? The http://www.sun.com/gnome issue? The
> > > numerous-our-examples issue?
> >
> > Of course, that's an issue.
> >
> > Sun does not have the right to ship Gnome with Solaris.  But I'm not
> > sure they do so.
>
> but their loyers obviosly reads GPL differently. since they do ship
> GNOME as their primary JDS desktops,

I thought that JDS was built on top of Linux, not Solaris?

> among others GNU GPL software, gcc, tar, sed, awk etc...

Things may have changed more recently, but all of the GNU stuff *used* to be
only available quite separately from the actual distribution of Solaris.
Can't remember the MarketingSpeak name for the suite of tools, for the life
of me, though.

- Matt