Re: Transition time: KDE, JACK, arts, sablotron, unixodbc, net-snmp, php, ...

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 10:13:25AM +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 04:20:45AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > Second, thanks to some enhancements Ryan Murray has recently made to
> > buildd/wanna-build, it is now possible for the release team to
> > request automated buildd binNMUs of a package across all
> > architectures for library transitions, sparing maintainers the
> > trouble of doing rebuild-only sourceful uploads.

> Do the maintainers themselves have a way to trigger that, or do they
> have to email the release team? If not, and if possible, I think it
> would be a good idea to make it possible (and per-arch, too, while we
> are at it).

You can mail the autobuilder maintainers for an architecture, or you can
email the release team; there are no plans to give maintainers direct access
to the button AFAIK.  Someone should be involved in the decision who knows
the status of the port at the time, so that binNMUs aren't queued for
packages under circumstances when we *know* the build will just have to be
done over.