Re: Debian based GNU/Solaris: pilot program

Thomas Bushnell BSG writes:

> Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> writes:
>
>> Section 3 requires that you distribute the source code for a work (or,
>> in the non-DFSG-case, a written offer to provide the source code).
>> "Source code" is defined to be the preferred form of the work for
>> making modifications.  For applications -- which is the case in
>> question -- that preferred form does not include system header files,
>> therefore the system header files are not part of the application's
>> source code.
>
> You are not bothering to read section three which says, actually:
>
> "The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for
> making modifications to it.  For an executable work, complete source
> code means all the source code modules it contains, plus any
> associated interface definition files, plus the scripts used to
> control compilation and installation of the executable."
>
> Note carefully: "any associated interface definition files".

I will refer back to <[🔎] 87wtjpa48b.fsf@sanosuke.troilus.org>, where I
wrote that we will have to disagree on the meaning of that phrase.
You say that it includes system header files; I think a reasonable
interpretation is that it means interface definition files for the
source code rather than for external libraries.  I see no way to
resolve the question until a court rules on it.

Michael Poole